General Utility Service Rules
- All Electric, Water and Sewer bills for services are rendered monthly.
- A charge of 1% per month will be added to bills not paid within 20 days from date of issuance. The late payment charge shall be applied to the total unpaid balance for utility service, including unpaid payment charges. Utility will not waive any properly applied late payment charges.
- Date on check is not sufficient proof that payment was received by due date.
- Failure to receive a bill in no way exempts customers from the provisions of these rules.
- Customers whose services are disconnected because of non-payment of bills when due, shall be required to pay a charge of $40.00, before service will be restored during regular hours. If after regular hours, emergency only, a charge of $60.00 will apply.
- Where water service is temporarily disconnected under request of a customer, there will be a charge of $35.00 for reinstallation of meter, plus a $30.00 charge for valve turned on at curb stop during normal business hours. The after normal business hours, emergency only, charges are $45.00 for reinstallation of meter and $40.00 for valve turned on at curb stop.
- Insufficient Fund Charge: A $10.00 charge will be applied to the customer's account when a check rendered for utility service is returned for insufficient funds. This charge may not be in addition to, but may be inclusive of, the water utility's insufficient fund charge when the check was for payment of both electric and water service.